- Species presence
- Recorded In Australia
- Marine Habitats
Occurrence records map
- RLS profile v3
- Abundance: 2
- Behaviour: Generally occurs in pairs, which move slowly over the reef within small territories picking at small invertebrates.
- Common_Name: Singular Bannerfish;
- Description: Bannerfish with fourth dorsal spine extended as long filament, broad dark bar across centre of white body, black head with white bar, dark patch at rear, and yellow dorsal, anal and tail fins. Distinguished from Heniochus monocerus by patterns on body appearing diffuse due to scales possessing white centres, and lack of a white bar fully encircling the head behind the snout.
- Frequency: 0.133
- IUCN_Threat_status: Least Concern
- Invasive: Not known to be invasive
- Range: 10
- Threats: Overharvesting for aquarium trade
Names and sources
Charts showing breakdown of occurrence records
Hint: click on chart elements to view that subset of records
Name references found in the Biodiversity Heritage Library
Searching, please wait...