- Species presence
- Recorded In Australia
Occurrence records map
The Conspicuous Angelfish can be recognised by its colouration. Adults are blue-grey dorsally grading to a dusky colour below. The face is yellow with blue on the operculum and around the eye. The dorsal and anal fins are dark at the base and pale along the outermost margins. The caudal and pectoral fins are yellow basally. ... source: Australian Museum Factsheets
- RLS profile v3
- Abundance: 1.222
- Behaviour: Cave dwelling species that moves slowly about within a home range.
- Common_Name: Conspicuous Angelfish;
- Description: Dark angelfish with orange markings around head, pectoral and tail fins yellow at base, blue ring around eye, and light blue margin around dorsal, anal and tail fins.
- Frequency: 0.435
- IUCN_Threat_status: Least Concern
- Invasive: Not known to be invasive
- Range: 10
- Threats: Overharvesting for aquarium trade
Names and sources